When your training your mind by looking up articles online, here are some tips for ya.
1. Cyber Squats – Who says you have to sit when you’re online? Set your chair aside for a few minutes and instead do squats as you write your next blog post, comment, or when you cruise around the Web. I’m squatting as I write this post – ouch!
2. RSS Raises – As you’re sitting at your desk, straighten your knees and lift your legs out in front of you. Do this as you catch up on your favorite blogs on your RSS reader.
3. 10 Minute Move it! Break #1 – Alternate jogging in place with jumping jacks – do a minute of each and repeat 5 times.
4. Twitter Tummy Tone – Tighten your abs for 30 seconds and then release. Do this as you tweet.
5. Social Squeezes – Tighten your glutes for 30 seconds and then release. (Good thing noone can see you at this social, right?) Repeat as you Stumble, Digg, or Friend on Facebook.
6. 10 Minute Move it! Break #2 – Grab a step stool and climb up and down – get creative if you like and alternate knee lifts at the top of the step.
7. Inbox Incline – While you’re sitting with your feet on the floor, raise your heels so you are on the balls of your feet and lower them. make sure you can feel it in your calves. Do this as you read and reply to your emails.
8. 10 Minute Move it! Break #3 – Do walking lunges around the house. Want to make it more challenging? Add some weights and do bicep curls at the same time.
9. Blogger Breather – Grab a quick minute to just close your eyes and focus on your breath. Count to 10 as you slowly inhale through your nose, thinking positive thoughts. Exhale through your mouth, again counting to 10. This time release all the tension and stress out of your body. Repeat if you have a few more seconds.
10. Sign Off Stretches – Your neck and shoulders can get pretty tense when you sit at a computer too long. So loosen them up throughout the day with:
- Shoulder shrugs – with your head at your chest, shrug your shoulders up and down.
- Neck Rolls – relax your shoulders and let your head roll forward. Slowly rotate your head in a circle. Repeat five times.
Do these exercises throughout the day to avoid blogger booty! You’ll feel better which could help you blog better.
Anyone else have some blogger exercises to share?